Proven Legal Advocacy For Catastrophic Injury Victims
Serious injury cases take many forms. What they have in common is negligence – that is, someone else’s failure to uphold a reasonable standard of care, resulting in harm to you or your loved one.
At Ellis Helm, APC, a personal injury firm in Southern California, our lawyers focus their practice on representing victims of severe, disabling injuries. We understand the devastating toll these injuries take on your life. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling these types of cases – not to mention a proven track record of success in securing compensation for victims and their families. We have seen it all.
When you work with us, you can trust that we will pursue your claim with skill, care and determination. We will leave no stone unturned in aggressively pursuing justice for you and your loved ones.
When Is An Injury Catastrophic?
A catastrophic injury can impact any part of the body. What distinguishes it from other injuries is that it alters the course of your life. Catastrophic injuries are permanently disabling and call for far greater resources over the rest of your life than other injuries.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Back and neck injuries, including spinal fractures and damage to the vertebral column
- Damage to the spinal cord, which can lead to paralysis, loss of nerve function and other devastating ramifications
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including open or closed head injuries, either of which can cause permanent loss of cognitive function, vision speech or hearing, as well as extreme disabilities
- Broken bones, including crushing and severe bone damage, potentially leading to amputations and loss of limbs
- Severe burns, which can result in skin grafts, reconstructive surgeries and permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Lung damage resulting from smoke inhalation or impact to the rib cage
How A Personal Injury Lawsuit Can Help You
Catastrophic injuries are often life-changing, resulting in years of recovery and expenses as you try to get yourself back on your feet.
When injuries are particularly severe, insurance companies may try to downplay your damages so they can get away with the lowest possible payout. Ellis Helm, APC, works tirelessly to ensure you receive every penny to which you are entitled. When you work with our firm, we will not settle for less than you deserve. Our attorneys work to secure full compensation for expenses such as:
- Immediate and long-term medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and lost earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
You may feel hopeless after suffering serious injuries, but we are here to fight for a fair and righteous outcome to your case. We will hold the other side accountable. Our goal is to alleviate some of your concerns so you can focus on making a full recovery.
Learn More During A Free Consultation
Contact our Southern California offices in San Diego, Temecula or El Centro at 951-289-0628. You can also send an online message using the form on this website. Our lawyers respond promptly to all messages and will provide an initial case evaluation for free.
Se habla español.